GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice that if you plug your mobile phone into charge and then place it in the middle your passenger seat, the "Fasten Seatbelt" warning light lights up and the reminder chime sounds? Only happens when the phone is plugged in to charge, though, so it's not a weight issue.
Just curious.
R

·
8,680 Posts
I never saw that, but I'm guessing that the phone is throwing off some EMI from the charging circuits that is triggering the seat sensor. I know that each of the last two phones I've had get odd and unpredictable touchscreen inputs while charging.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Anyone else notice that if you plug your mobile phone into charge and then place it in the middle your passenger seat, the "Fasten Seatbelt" warning light lights up and the reminder chime sounds? Only happens when the phone is plugged in to charge, though, so it's not a weight issue.
Just curious.
R
This issue has been raised before for the Volt - the sensor is capacitive. See this thread. Probably the same sensor in the Bolt.

By the way, does this mean you are one of the three who took delivery of their Bolts yesterday in the Bay Area?

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
my solution was to add a phone cradle to my CD slot. Alas, the newer vehicles don't have CD slots - so maybe an air vent slot would work for you. My youngest child seemed really surprised that you can actually put music discs into these CD slots as she thought it was for holding phones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts