GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a reminder to those in the northern states (who do not have heated garages) that this is likely your last week before Winter to paste wax your Volt. This is true because paste waxes require minimum air temperatures of 50 to 60 degrees.

Get that Meguiar’s “Ultimate” on your Volt to protect it from the coming months and months of road salt and tar.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
This advice applies to high end products like ZAINO.

Tom

·
Registered
708 Posts
And guess what works at getting the ugly stains from the extra wax off your black moldings?
An All Purpose Cleaner will take that off. Just be sure to treat the plastic with our favorite product to protect it again.

PS. Next time, treat the trim first and the wax should come off it easily.

·
Registered
339 Posts
My Volt developed rust specs several months after picking it up from the dealer. No way I'd let them touch my paint again.

My friend runs a used car lot and secured a 4 stage detail for $100. They clayed, polished, waxed, and then sealed the paint in June. I think I'm good for winter now. :cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Funny thing is......the best immediate solution is PEANUT BUTTER............little effort big results.

It works and smells good too....

An All Purpose Cleaner will take that off. Just be sure to treat the plastic with our favorite product to protect it again.

PS. Next time, treat the trim first and the wax should come off it easily.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Being In Texas I never though about that but is there a HIGH temp limit ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
"An All Purpose Cleaner will take that off. Just be sure to treat the plastic with our favorite product to protect it again."

That APC will remove the wax from the paint also, so watch how you apply it.

As to black trim, treatments, and wax stains, here is an interesting thread.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/topic/123587-product-testing-trim-adams-optimum-collinite-blackwow/

I am really liking the Collinite 845 on my trim so far, even though I haven't top coated it with anything yet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts