GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to remove the front passenger seat to create more storage/cargo space. In doing so I am aware that a light will come on indicating that there is an airbag malfunction. Will this interfere with the rest of the airbag/safety system in any way, i.e. if I were to get in a crash would the airbags on the drivers side still work? Also, is there any sort of dummy module I can buy to plug into those empty ports to get rid of the error indicator?

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ELR
837 Posts
How is your cargo going to be restrained to prevent it killing you in a collision?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is your cargo going to be restrained to prevent it killing you in a collision?
What would most likely be going there I would not be worried about in the event of a collision. But if need be I'll utilize the bolts in the floor and some straps to keep everything restrained. I just need to know if my airbag system will still work(or if there's a way to make it work) after unplugging the passenger seat.

·
Registered
65 Posts
AFAIK any airbag system fault that would cause the control module to illuminate the warning light would also cause the module to disable the entire system until the fault is found and corrected. No professional would do anything to defeat the airbag warning light as their liability would be enormous should the airbags deploy inadvertently or fail to deploy in a collision. That's not a system to fool around with.

Reactions: J.Smith
1 - 4 of 4 Posts