GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd start a discussion re: which parts are specifically unique to the ELR. Obviously the Volt shares many components with the ELR, and parts of the interior sure seem to resemble other Cadillac models.

Someday parts of the ELR are sure to become scarce. I'm curious to know specifically what items we may have trouble finding down the road due to the low production volume.

Here's a short list of items to get us started:
Headlights
Tail lights
Grille
Rims
Body Panels

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I think there are also a number of revised drivetrain parts as well. Software, accessories, etc. Doesn't the salvage industry maintain a interchange database?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I'm curious to know specifically what items we may have trouble finding down the road due to the low production volume.
The entire body is unique, not shared with any other model. There are trim parts already that can't be sourced and threads about it.

The drive train is mostly the Gen 1 volt, but with many tweaks. In the end if you need major work on an ELR, most likely it will be scrapped due to either non availability of parts or outrageous costs

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have 2014 ELR Grill and hood trim --Thanks for asking

We have a reputation for being safe drivers !

But should the day ever come that you find yourself inadvertently plowed into the car infront of you,
you may be happy that these parts are sitting safely in my garagre in Santa Monica.

Here is my For Sale add posted earlier this year, 2016, in the "For Sale Site" below on this Forum.

Optimist

GRILLE and HOOD TRIM OEM CADILLAC ELR 2014 FOR SALE

I have a grille and the matching hood trim for the 2014 Cadillac ELR. They are used but in LIKE NEW condition and are in GM shipping containers/boxes.

The MSRP on the grille from GM, Part # 22887925 (with adaptive cruise control) is $1,250.
The wholesale price is $855.
I will sell it for $400,,,you can pick it up in Santa Monica, CA, or pay for shipping.

The matching hood trim is likewise, used but in LIKE NEW condition in GM shipping container/box.
The MSRP on the hood trim, GM Part # 23444265 (molding) is $155.27.
The wholesale price is $107.13.
I will sell it for $45.00. Pick it up in Santa Monica CA, or pay for shipping.

ON one hand, I hope no one needs these body parts but on the other, if you do, than this grille and hood trim will save you some money.
Note: click on the photos to convert to full page size.

Contact via email: [email protected] or on this site !

·
Registered
266 Posts
It would be a shorter list of parts NOT unique to the ELR.

All exterior body panels. All interior body panels.

Seat parts (Already had an issue here and the dealer needed to use a local upholsterer to make a seat cushion because no part available anymore.)

Computer that runs the NAV. Already had an issue here with a weeks long wait to find the new part needed.

The car is just different than anything GM makes. Not like the old days when GM could make parts for Pontiac, Olds, Chevy and have major parts same.

My car is currently in for service on the Bose radio system.

The dealer has always been great though and they say the ELRs they have have been in for service frequently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts