GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping I'm posting this is the correct forum. Avoiding driving to dealership parts department as I can't quite identify the exact part in the image below via the GM Parts diagram/schematic so I wish to place a screen shot below of left and right pillar identifying the exact part. It is like a plastic trim so any help with name or part # would be excellent.
highlight is missing part on the driver's windshield pillar frame and on the left the arrows point to the part. Thanks
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle
Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bicycle part Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
'sokay. every time we ever hear about these is when someone loses one and has to find the part number. My Volt was bought used and came without the passenger one. (Parts guy "couldn't leave his desk" so it took about 20 minutes of him turning his monitor around to ask "is that it?" instead of walking 30 feet to the car he could see out the window...)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
'sokay. every time we ever hear about these is when someone loses one and has to find the part number. My Volt was bought used and came without the passenger one. (Parts guy "couldn't leave his desk" so it took about 20 minutes of him turning his monitor around to ask "is that it?" instead of walking 30 feet to the car he could see out the window...)
I'm glad this forum was more efficient as the guy in parts department at my local Chevy is more familiar with trucks and bigger trucks. I just ordered online based on the part # 22874372 found in the other thread. Expensive little plastic insert. I don't recall if fail off during car wash or transporting vehicle - my eagerness is not having water drain into electronic components if hold isn't plugged or covered during heavy storms.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
The electrics are all well-protected otherwise; you don't have that worry. It's just for a little bit of aerodynamics and a tidy appearance.

But if I know it's not there, it's basically all I see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts