GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there, has anyone ever have the same problem as me driving along the highway and a stone bounce up and chip your vehicle. In my case a stone came up and chip my vehicle especially part#11 which I can't seem to find anywhere except dealers requesting for me to purchase the whole part assembly which will come with Part#11 and other parts which I won't need and can be very expensive, I'm looking for ways to help reduce cost, if anyone knows of a temporary fix or anyway around this please let me know by a quick post.
Thanks,

Thien

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
Not the same part, but similar situation - I have heard there's a modification your Chevy dealer can install to protect the very expensive heat exchanger (behind the bottom grille) from being damaged by a flying stone.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
There is a few OEM mirrors for sale on Ebay.com, you would get the whole assembly, perhaps with the appropriate color.
It would give you a few spare parts, in case other parts get hit.

Francois
B2653

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Not the same part, but similar situation - I have heard there's a modification your Chevy dealer can install to protect the very expensive heat exchanger (behind the bottom grille) from being damaged by a flying stone.
I'd like to hear more about this...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
...please let me know by a quick post or if you can send me a quick email to my personal email at...
Thanks,
Thien
Suggest you edit out your email address before it gets picked up by spammers. Forum members would still be able to post a response in this thread or send you a PM.

KNS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi KNS, thanks for letting me know but this is company's email address therefore it will go through my filter therefore spam email will not get pass the filter unless I see who it is from.

Thien

1 - 7 of 7 Posts