GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way in a 2014 Volt to reduce the volume of the parking assist and backup beeps? I appreciate them, but they get very annoying as I pull out of my garage because they are so loud! Seems very strange in a car that has no engine noise.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
You can turn them off with the overhead button, after you put the car in reverse. I don't think you can adjust the volume, but you might try the volume knob while they are beeping and see if that helps. It works for some of the other sounds.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
when you turn the vol knob - a label will say the name of item that is getting adjusted.

So far it has not said MDW :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Is there any way in a 2014 Volt to reduce the volume of the parking assist and backup beeps?
Yes. Try:

CONFIG --> Vehicle Settings --> Comfort and Convenience --> Chime Volume --> Select "Normal" instead of "High."

It's still loud, but tolerably so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip, Don. I did that, but the beeps are still annoyingly loud, especially when I'm going down my driveway and come close to some shrubs along the side. Seems like this is something to suggest to GM Volt designers.

Mike

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Don. I did that, but the beeps are still annoyingly loud, especially when I'm going down my driveway and come close to some shrubs along the side. Seems like this is something to suggest to GM Volt designers.

Mike
I'm with you on this, Mike. I have tight garage space, and park with my front bumper an inch or two from the wall. When backing out, the steady tone sounds when I shift from Park to Reverse, warning of the wall IN FRONT of me. Really annoying.

I can live with the noise at the "Normal" setting, but if you find it too loud just punch the On/Off switch on the overhead panel. Unfortunately, you have to wait for the tone to activate before turning it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts