1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
168 Posts
Love the second one with the guy driving a car that has the headliner falling down. Classy. He must be really knowledgeable!

·
Registered
761 Posts
DO NOT WATCH the videos.

Love the second one with the guy driving a car that has the headliner falling down. Classy. He must be really knowledgeable!
Seeing just these videos posted, let alone watching them, is enough to nearly make me barf.

I actually would encourage people NOT to watch the videos (keep the views low, folks).
Do not encourage misinformation.

·
Administrator
20,810 Posts
My informal survey results are that most online comments are negative/snarky, regardless of subject matter. Some sort of human desire to be nasty when anonymous I suppose.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Continued growing sales, word of mouth and time are going to solve all of this. Just don't argue with "them". Educate kindly or walk away. When the retail prices slowly drop and more and more are sold, things will get better.

Remember, T. Edison faught hard against AC power saying DC power was far better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Currents

He was like the Rush Limbaugh of DC talking against AC in public displays of AC dangers (some pretty horrific).

Ironically - we have Tesla Motors. The cars store and use DC power, correct? They should rather be called Edison Motors :)

·
4,874 Posts
Continued growing sales, word of mouth and time are going to solve all of this. Just don't argue with "them". Educate kindly or walk away. When the retail prices slowly drop and more and more are sold, things will get better.

Remember, T. Edison faught hard against AC power saying DC power was far better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Currents

He was like the Rush Limbaugh of DC talking against AC in public displays of AC dangers (some pretty horrific).

Ironically - we have Tesla Motors. The cars store and use DC power, correct? They should rather be called Edison Motors :)
Haha, nice quip about Tesla Motors. Actually, while they store DC, I think they use AC induction motors. Still funny though! :)

·
8,680 Posts
Haha, nice quip about Tesla Motors. Actually, while they store DC, I think they use AC induction motors. Still funny though! :)
Yup, it's working out just like home electricity a century ago - DC came first, is simpler and cheaper. AC is more efficient, higher performing. AFAIK, no OEM EV from the last decade has used DC traction motors, but they are still a staple of the aftermarket (and chosen correctly, have remarkable raw power...)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Seeing just these videos posted, let alone watching them, is enough to nearly make me barf.

I actually would encourage people NOT to watch the videos (keep the views low, folks).
Do not encourage misinformation.
Thanks, good point. I spared myself the pain of watching, just reading the excerpts in the Plugincars.com article was enough for me. BTW I really like that site and the work they do. I got an email from them looking for support to continue their efforts to promote EVs, definitely a group I can get behind.

·
Banned
331 Posts
Yes and the reason is quite simple. They are the simplest and most efficient and essentially the same design Tesla invented. In fact the modern polyphase electrical grid from generators through transformers to transmission lines to motors (among other things) on the other end is essentially all the same as Tesla's initial designs. The guy was a genius decades ahead of his time. He arguably did more to change the world than Einstein.

Edison managed to get downtown NY wired DC with big huge copper cables everywhere but after Tesla got his design to light the worlds fair and Westinghouse bought the patents it was all over for Edisons DC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts