GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No integrated Pandora interface... Can't even control Pandora thru the steering wheel controls when plugged into iPhone :mad: wtf?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
No integrated Pandora interface... Can't even control Pandora thru the steering wheel controls when plugged into iPhone :mad: wtf?
If you are looking to us for help, it would be helpful to know some specifics about your Volt. What is the model year? Do you have MyLink?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:

I've done some reading/research... apparently I can't stream pandora via bluetooth b/c I don't have "Mylink," which is because I have Navigation? What's the status on this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Volt is a 2012 w/ Nav. My goal is to be able to use pandora wirelessly. Is this possible?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
MyLink came out in late Feb/early March of 2012 for the late model 2012s. On these Volts, MyLink and Nav are incompatible. There is no plan to incorporate MyLink into any of these 2012 Nav Volts.

However, on model year 2013, MyLink is now standard and is compatible with Nav. Based upon your comment above, you must have a 2011 or 2012 Volt so MyLink is not an option for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
From my understanding there are hardware issues with adding mylink afterwards. The bluetooth receiver on 2011/2012 is supplied by Onstar system so it is not directly connected to the radio. The only way to stream over bluetooth is to use a bluetooth receiver connected to the AUX port in the console. But this means you need your phone handy to pause or change stations.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
There has to be some patch or other way to add Mylink to Nav on a '12.....
There are scads of threads on this forum about this. Apparently GM has indicated that this is not going to happen.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
My Volt is a 2012 w/ Nav. My goal is to be able to use pandora wirelessly. Is this possible?
Even if you did have a Volt with MyLink, you wouldn't be able to do this with an iPhone.

You CAN stream audio over bluetooth with an iPhone/MyLink, but there's no Pandora integration. You have to have an Android phone for that feature to work with MyLink.

And even if you plug an iPhone in with a USB cable, using Pandora is still hit-and-miss and very frustrating to use. I drives me crazy sometimes.

I'm hoping that the iPhone 5 will allow Pandora to work over bluetooth with MyLink, but I wouldn't bet much on it. We shouldn't have to wait long to find out tho.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I played around with a Volt at the dealer back when I was looking to buy and although it didn't have MyLink and thus didn't have the Pandora interface through the infotainment system I'm pretty sure I was still able to use the steering wheel controls to skip tracks on Pandora. This was a MY2012 without Nav or MyLink.

I've only played around with Pandora a few times on my MY2013 with MyLink and Nav. Biggest issue was when I'd try to bring up Pandora on the infotainment system it would tell me I needed to launch it on my iPhone first. It'd already be running and I'd have to close the app then re-launch it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the 2013 base no nav and my Pandora Icon is grayed out it only works when I plug in my iPhone 4s in to usb and the Pandora app is open. Is mylink something we need to sign up for or is it something that is all set up for us?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If your Volt has MyLink, you are ready to go. There is nothing to sign up for. For Pandora or Stitcher, load the app on your phone, start the app on your phone, and select the app from the Volt's center console display. Once running, you can use voice commands "Thumbs Up/Down" when using Pandora. Haven't used Stitcher.

Works great wirelessly for me and my Android. I believe iPhone folks have to have to use USB.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts