GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried using Pandora radio for the first time in my 2014 this morning. It connected right away and worked fine via bluetooth connection. However, I noticed that the volume was much quieter than other sources. I had to turn up the stereo system to full volume in order to hear the music. Other sources sound plenty loud enough between volume levels 10-15, but with Pandora, I had to turn it up to the max (70?).

Is there a volume control on the phone which could be preventing the onboard system from playing Pandora at normal volume levels?

·
Registered
32 Posts
yes there could be, on your phone turn up the volume while playing pandora or streaming any other bluetooth music.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I agree. Most phones hide bluetooth volume level in the sound settings unless it's actually connected to a bluetooth device, then it's just a matter of adjusting your volume control on the phone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, the phone can't really tell the difference between a car and a pair of headphones. It does have a volume level for Bluetooth that you'll probably need to crank up near the max in order to get the best sound out of the Volt speakers. If you crank it up high on the Volt side instead, you're more likely to add distortion and clipping than if you do it at the phone.

Just be careful to change the setting back on the phone before you use actual headphones... ouch!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts