GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on the Pennsylvania department of environmental protection site on the page about ALTERNATIVE FUEL VEHICLE (AFV) REBATES, the following:

Rebates of $2,000 will be offered for PHEVs and EVs (battery system capacity equal/greater than 10 kWh) until 250 rebates are disbursed or June 30th, 2016, whichever occurs first.

*As of January 15, 2016, 198 rebates remain at $2,000*.

I guess I'll miss out because I want to get my second Volt when the 2017 model with Adaptive Cruise Control becomes available. And, supposedly that won't be until late this year.

http://www.dep.pa.gov/Citizens/GrantsLoansRebates/Alternative-Fuels-Incentive-Grant/Pages/Alternative-Fuel-Vehicles.aspx#.Vq5MGfA8KrU

·
Registered
44 Posts
I believe the program has been extended. And somehow the count of available rebates has increased? Text on that page as of today reads:

Rebates of $2,000 will be offered for PHEVs and EVs (battery system capacity equal/greater than 10 kWh) until 250 rebates are disbursed or December 31st, 2016, whichever occurs first.

*As of July 28, 2016, 204 rebates remain at $2,000*.

That said, I mailed in my documentation last week and gave them a phone call today to inquire about the expected processing time. The rep confirmed availability and seemed to indicate that processing should only take a few days. It sounded like she was the single person doing the job. So that is promising. I'll call back in a day or two for updated status.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't recall how many rebates were remaining when I bought my ELR in late March ... I think maybe 150-ish.

In my case, I was concerned because the car is supposed to have less than 500 miles on it, and because I purchased it out-of-state (OH), it would be beyond that by the time I titled it. In addition, it's supposed to be titled in PA within 10 days, and it was going to be over a two week wait for the paperwork to come from OH's DMV. I stayed in contact with the nice lady (Ms. Beatty with the DEP) and emailed all of my stuff after I got everything together. The 500-mile problem wasn't an issue because my bill of sale showed that the mileage as delivered was 72, and the 10-day thing was a very soft requirement. Got my check exactly four weeks later. :) She was very helpful.

I think the program is re-funded on a rolling basis, and I recall reading that it's funded with the sales tax from alternative fuel vehicles that came before it....kind of like a Ponzi scheme. :) With a Democrat in the governor's office, it seems unlikely to be rescinded or canceled.

--Chris

·
Registered
129 Posts
Okay, I looked it up. It's funded with 0.25 mills (or 0.025%) of the gross receipts tax from energy utilities in the state of PA, which is an annual receipt and due to the general fund by March 15th.

--Chris

·
Registered
44 Posts
They received my paperwork about two weeks ago. I believe I spoke with the same person earlier this week, she must be the entire department. Nice and helpful. My application was processed and should receive my check in 4-6 weeks!

*As of August 5, 2016, 191 rebates remain at $2,000*.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts