GM Volt Forum banner

P1E00 - P0D3E P0D3F

455 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  stephenm
Hello guys

my volt is 310,000 miles or so. original equipment - pretty happy.

got these 3 codes one more morning after realizing the overnight charge didn't complete (only went in 3-4 bars).

I figured it was a charging fault and clearing the codes would fix it.

vehicle drives fine, but every time I plug in, the charging light under the windshield will start blinking orange and the car isn't charging. turning the car on immediately reveals engine light and checking the codes giving me these codes.

the car drives fine, I can even engage mountain mode and the generator will charge the battery to half as it normally would.

but no matter what I do, plugging any of my 2 chargers (one at home, one at work) give me an automatic check engine light and these specific 3 codes.

what do you think is going on?

Font Screenshot Multimedia Gadget Darkness

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
23,465 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
About a little over a year ago my son's Volt had a couple of those codes as well P0AA6 (unable to charge, something like that). The dealership applied TSB 21-NA-224. That cleared everything up and it was charging again. May be worth trying even if it has already been applied as was the case with my son's Volt. That being said, his car just got the "service high voltage charging system" error again. I have it at a dealership where he goes to school and they are going to reapply the service bulletin on Monday. At first they said the BECM needs to be replaced but before going down that very expensive rabbit hole, I'm having them reapply the TSB.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alership applied TSB 21
About a little over a year ago my son's Volt had a couple of those codes as well P0AA6 (unable to charge, something like that). The dealership applied TSB 21-NA-224. That cleared everything up and it was charging again. May be worth trying even if it has already been applied as was the case with my son's Volt. That being said, his car just got the "service high voltage charging system" error again. I have it at a dealership where he goes to school and they are going to reapply the service bulletin on Monday. At first they said the BECM needs to be replaced but before going down that very expensive rabbit hole, I'm having them reapply the TSB.
If I can't find anything online I will take it to the dealer.
I rebuilt the battery of my 06 prius for many years and was hoping the problems I am experiencing now could be fixed by swapping parts myself but there is very little info out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts