GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy folks,
My 2012 Volt and I plowed into three deer last year on the interstate... all body damage except for the battery radiator. Fixed her up and everything's been fine for a year, but last week I got the dreaded "Service High Voltage Charging System" error. First thought - check the coolant level. Sure enough it was just below the low-level line on the tank. I topped it up and have been checking it consistently the past 10 days (and 1500 miles) - no evidence of any coolant levels dropping. So my hopeful assumption is that the shop that repaired the deer strike left a bubble in the loop that worked out recently thus dropping the coolant level enough to trigger the warning. Anyway, I went to Autozone (I know...) and had them pull the codes -- there were two codes listed, both read P1E00. On to my questions:

- it seems as though P1E00 is a totally generic code pertaining to the high voltage charging; does anyone know if this is the code that is thrown when the battery coolant level is low?
- given the lack of other error codes and that it was obvious the coolant was low but doesn't appear to be a leak in the system, i'm hoping that there is no real "problem" and as such -- does anyone know if the CEL and error will reset after a certain # of cycles for this particular issue?

thanks guys!

·
Administrator
19,968 Posts
- it seems as though P1E00 is a totally generic code pertaining to the high voltage charging; does anyone know if this is the code that is thrown when the battery coolant level is low?
- given the lack of other error codes and that it was obvious the coolant was low but doesn't appear to be a leak in the system, i'm hoping that there is no real "problem" and as such -- does anyone know if the CEL and error will reset after a certain # of cycles for this particular issue?

thanks guys!
That's a generic, "something wrong" code, not specific to any issue

Once the coolant level drops below the minimum threshold the only way to reset is via the dealer. And you won't be able to charge the battery until they clear the code.

Far easier to check the coolant level monthly to prevent this, but that train left the station...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine did this and I had to take it to the dealer and have one of the modules reprogrammed. After that, no problem. It is covered under the Voltec warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts