GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Volt LT. 1 month old. My car started stalling out and I got a check engine light. These are the error codes P0106-00 MAP SENSOR and P0404-00 EGR. Per On-Star the issues were related to the transmission and emission systems and required immediate attention i.e., car had to be towed. It took the dealer a week to resolve. Seems to be fixed, but I'm driving it on gas only for now to give it an extended road test. I only drove the car on gas for about 100 miles over the month I owned the car. Wanted to see if others have had similar issues.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hopefully no more problems.
Help others by posting what they did to fix the problem. It is printed on the service write-up you received back with your receipt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the repair notes.

EGR has internal fault also MAP readings show low voltage possible caused by EGR. Need to replace EGR and gasket.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just received the P0404 error code this morning. I've had the car for 2 month. 2,300 miles of which 200 or so are ICE. I'll be taking it into the dealer tomorrow or Friday morning most likely.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I received the P0404 error code again this week. Back in March, the car was 1.5 months old and they ordered a new EGR valve (one week wait) and replaced it. Now I have to take my car in again. I'm not happy about this but at least it is under warranty still.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts