GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have had my 2012 Volt on the road now for a little over 6 months and i love the car. but the other day the strangest thing happened, I was driving in L and the car just kicked itself into what felt like neutral, while the engine was revving, ( revving at mid range rpm, nothing crazy) check engine light came on.it seemed like the gas engine had disconnected itself from the genny. so i lost all power pulled over, parked the car and had someone pick me up. i was trying to a tow truck hours later, but i decided to go back to the car scan it with my reader, clear the codes and try to drive it home, and i did just that. Ive been driving the car ever since and its fine.

what i did not mention was that before this all happened, i was sitting in the car with the AC on with my son because he fell asleep in the car, for about 30 min, while my wife was shopping.

All the codes have to do with the invereter overheating, which i can now understand why. but what i dont understand is why the electronics cooler was not doing its job in that circumstance? I know the AC draws alot of power, but it seems like something is actually wrong with my car or GM overlooked such a circumstance. I live in Canada and i find it hard to believe that im the first guy to do this.

these were the codes
B2AAA =???
P0c13- inverter overheat
P0C14= inverter overheat
P0c15 = inverter overheat
P1E37= some other hybrid code
pending faults
P0c12 = inverter overheats

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
What do your fluid levels look like?

·
Registered
907 Posts
If the 12V battery dies, the DC-DC 12V "inverter" can get very hot trying to revive it. Get your 12V battery checked?

·
Registered
46 Posts
on the volt manual: Verify that DTC P0C11, P0C12, P0C13, P0C14, P0C15, or P0C16 is not set.
If DTC P0C11, P0C12, P0C13, P0C14, P0C15, or P0C16 is set, refer to DTC P0C11-P0C16 .
3. If the DTC is set, program the T6 power inverter module. If the DTC resets, replace the T6 power inverter module

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update;

I've been driving the car since the inverter cooled down and everything is fine. I did not replace anything. The only thing I am doing now is not leaving my car running stationary position on generator power.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sounds strange. I'll be watching this space closely.
Sitting still with it on is something I frequently do.
Mine is also 2012, although I think Australia got many updates earlier than others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts