GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 45K mi. my '16 park interlock solenoid on the shifter assembly (can't turn car OFF in Park) failed intermittently. I got a $545 repair estimate, so I fired off a letter to Chevy Customer Service, but expect to hear nothing. Last week I decided to knuckle under and get the car fixed. While making the appointment in person I stopped in to see my sales guy to cry on his shoulder. He said,"why don't you ask for a GM Owner Loyalty Incentive warranty extension?" Whoa, really? The procedure is that the service writer, on the day of the service, calls Chevy to ask for the extension. By noon, CA time I got a call that the request was approved for full warranty coverage. Oh, Happy Day!!
I leased my '13 from this Garden Grove, CA dealer and have always had them service the car (almost none required in 6 years, BTW) I bought outright in Sept. '15. They like me. I like them--even more when I get good service like this.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Happy Days Indeed!! We need far more stories like this!

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
yep,
But with a few more CRLF :)
]

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
This is puzzling. You get coverage for something that is clearly not covered. Others ask for coverage for things that should be covered, and they get denied. Odd system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts