GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we are happy that our cats found a place they are happy (and safe from the dog) but they won't be so happy exiting at 65 mph there I assume, especially having to jump out under the wheel well
I am so paranoid about this that I put a Blink camera in the space to be able to check before I take off from home
Anyone have any fixes? Just purchased 2 more volts 2018. This was not a problem with our 2014's
Called the dealer and he does not have any info. Chicken wire? Tried cat repellant spray and oranges . Does not last long underneath
HELP
MEOW!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Cats seem to like the Volt. A neighbour's cat keeps walking over mine leaving muddy foot prints on it (even though it's "cold"). Never had the problem with the other cars.

·
Registered
2017 Volt Premier 70k+ Miles
525 Posts
Try and build a "house" that he/she will prefer. Remember they feel safer higher up.

Use the garage, keep him in a separate area.

Above all be careful. We had a very large vet bill to repair a damaged leg many years ago from something similar.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Cats are light sleepers so just back out very slowly like 1-2 feet then hit the brakes hard and wait a few seconds before backing out at normal speed. I'll be the abrupt stop will have them jumping out. After a number of times, they will learn that it is not a great spot for a nap. Or just honk the horn and wake up everyone. :p

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts