GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello:
I currently have a Voltec Level 2 EV charger in my garage. It is running with a wing and a prayer. I have been doing some investigative work and have found out the following:

Bosch has bought SPX Voltec.

You cannot get a replacement circuitboard for the Voltec unit. It is unobtainable. You can however get a good cord and plug setup from Home Depot.

Bosch only guarantees a new charger for (1) year unless they hard wire install it.

Siemens makes the (Siemens Model # VC30GRYHW) Versi Charger for $444.00 which they guarantee for 3 years even if you install it. Siemens makes others with longer cords also.

I keep my charger inside and feel that the Siemens is a much better deal with a 3 year warranty.

Big Moe

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm partial to the clipper creek no frills charger myself, less on it to go wrong.

Though when comparing yeah...i'd always go for longer warranty on these.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Clipper Creek seems to have the best build quality, which for about 1.5 years is what the stock ESEV that came with the car. And for those lucky to have one, for 30 bucks can modify them for 240V operation, which I have.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I got the emotorwerks juicebox pro wifi. It is great to be able to use the wifi on the home wifi network and phone app. Can set it to only charge during off peak times, log every charge to see exact kWH. It can send you emails with various events like full charge. Worth a look. It is a high quality unit.

·
Administrator
20,460 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts