·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2019 is doing an OTA! WOOHOO!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yep, ours too, one a week or so ago and one over the weekend. Not sure what the changes are. Hoping they eventually add the Pandora app like our CUE-3 Infotainment system has. Then Sirius/XM is gone.

·
Registered
590 Posts
This is probably not an update. All the model years get new apps over the air but the gremlins stay with us.

I recall that some of the earlier cars had an actual infotainment update but the car had to be taken in.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It fixes a problem with the back up camera, so I'd say it's not a new app since the car shipped with a working backup camera.

It's the first GM product I've owned that actually did an OTA update, even though they had the ability since 2009. The Body Control Module was reprogrammed on the ATS roughly a decade ago just to test the system.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgive my continual inability to figure out acronyms, What the heck is OTA?
Short for Over The Air (Update). You don't have to go to the dealer for a software update, it is sent via the cellular or WiFi connection.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Neither our 2016 or 2017 ever did an OTA.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I got two updates a week apart. The first one broke the Infotainment system so that even after turning off the car and opening the door, your iPhone/USB/radio kept playing until you shut all doors and locked the car with the keyfob. The second update fixed that. Each update took less than 10 minutes and were over-the-air (OTA).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you have to have an on-star subscription to receive updates.(OTA) Does it work, for example, with the communication of the data network from your telephone (LTE)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Do you have to have an on-star subscription to receive updates.(OTA) Does it work, for example, with the communication of the data network from your telephone (LTE)
I believe you do not need to have any active subscription or WiFi connection (to a hot spot like a phone our your home WiFi).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure if this related to the update, but, since that update my seat heater and steering wheel heater are always off on starting the vehicle. Even with the 5 degree F temps. Must manually engage now. Before the update worked 100% as expected. Same state even with precondition, although the steering wheel heat was on during that time. Seats were ice cold.

I checked and even toggled the settings from correct to incorrect and back to force state change.

Anyone else seen this? FYI this is 2019 Premium.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got two updates a week apart. The first one broke the Infotainment system so that even after turning off the car and opening the door, your iPhone/USB/radio kept playing until you shut all doors and locked the car with the keyfob. The second update fixed that. Each update took less than 10 minutes and were over-the-air (OTA).
The first one I got was labeled 'infotainment'. The second one was not, so I assume it was a general 'system' update

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts