GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
20,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The conservative talk show host told the public of his support for the Chevy Volt because it allowed us to reduce our dependency on risky foreign oil. “This is obviously a national security issue and congress must mandate by law — by law — that American auto companies begin mass producing flex fuel vehicles and quickly phase out gas only cars," says O'Reilly. He goes on to suggest the government "mandate by law" that auto companies increase production of electric and flex fuel cars, and provide tax exemptions for flex fuel vehicles.

Sean Hannity lectured a guest: "I don't see why you don't praise G.M. for what they are doing with their electric cars and hybrids."

Greta Van Susteren asked a GM executive "when are you going to change your cars? Because I mean, like, since the early '70s, we know that fuel has been a problem"

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201203070007

http://inhabitat.com/bill-oreilly-c...nd-government-subsidies/oreilly-chevy-volt-1/

Sadly, these were from 2008 and the Fox etch-a-sketch has been shaken since then. They were for the Chevy Volt before they were (told to be?) against it.

Oreilly.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
This is so funny! I saw the title and I was going "WTF"? Then I read your post and I was disappointed. Yes, their Etch-A-Sketch positions are pathetic. What this shows is that they understand that the Volt is important but, if the choice is between the the country and Obama succeeding or the country and Obama failing, they are such pinheads that they will do their best to insure the choice is country and Obama failing every time. Then they'll put a flag on their lapel and pretend they are patriots rather than pinheads.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Just makes you wonder how any informed and intelligent person can watch Fox unless they are looking for a comedy show.

·
Registered
438 Posts
What I don't get is it is not like Obama drew up the plans for the car, or told GM to start producing it. GM has been making electric cars that I confirm all the way back in the 1960's. Starting with the Electrovair, and Electrovan. So this technology did not just come into existence by executive decree. I will admit I watch Fox News... However I watch CNN, read Drudge Report/The Blaze/Real Clear Politics and do a lot of research on my own to try and confirm what is real and not. I would say 99% of the time the news is not ever telling you the whole story, or even the truth for that matter. Just doing research on electric cars I have come across tons of things that I never knew existed before. So just makes one wonder what all else we do not know.

I will agree though that it seems their sole purpose in life is to make sure Obama does not get re-elected. Personally I am not happy with any of the Republican candidates, so I really do not know what I am going to do in that department. For me voting for Mitt Romney will be the same thing as voting for Obama so may as well just let Obama have a second term.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Just makes you wonder how any informed and intelligent person can watch Fox unless they are looking for a comedy show.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of watchers and some who actually believe what garbage FOX spews.

Sad ..... so sad....

·
Registered
211 Posts
so the habitual liars Hannity, Beck and the crowd at Fix news ..finally give their ok after lying about it or make up stories .. Is that ok? So as suaul they will lie to start with ..[correct they want O to fail no matter what] then grudging says it is a good car to buy ... How can anyone listen to the lies, bs coming from this crowd! Fix news is a propaganda channel .. Just look at how folks in UK rejected Murdoch dirty tactics to generate profits ... Alas folks in US are too naive or fall for such lies. :(

·
Administrator
20,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so the habitual liars Hannity, Beck and the crowd at Fix news ..finally give their ok
They made those statements in 2008. Then they decided day was night. They have not yet returned to their 2008 thinking. Here's hoping they will.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The EV credit came in with the Energy Act of 2005, so a heartfelt thank you to George, Dick, and the republican house and senate. Good job boys and girls.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here is a famous capture from that time period -
Politicians cannot influence the price of oil, said emphatically
Yeah what a lot of politicians won't admit is that oil is priced globally and rising consumption in China and India will outpace any fig-leafs of efforts we can throw at the problem. Shale oil will make a small dent but it won't outpace the insane oil consumption growth in china.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Canada is the third highest producer of oil, next to Saudi Arabia and Venezuela; we pay higher prices for gasoline than the U.S., primarily because of higher taxes.......so, within terms of the global economy, bringing down gasoline prices in an industrialized market is not going to happen.
The prices are set globally and the only way gasoline is being sold at true discount prices, is when the state owns the sole rights to that oil, and then they can set their own prices for their own people.......ie Saudi Arabia.

Maybe Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum have some secret plans that we don't know about.

·
Registered
43 Posts
An unfortunate title to this topic. It implies a recent change in Fox's position, when indeed, it was relevant only in 2008.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You also get garbage and a comedy show from abc,cbs and nbc.
That maybe true but at least they don't try to lie. Fox will sell opinion's as facts to get market share. I don't even think the host believe what they say (OK read from the script). Fox is like WWE wrestling, watch it for entertainment not facts.

·
Registered
738 Posts
That maybe true but at least they don't try to lie. Fox will sell opinion's as facts to get market share. I don't even think the host believe what they say (OK read from the script). Fox is like WWE wrestling, watch it for entertainment not facts.
So true, and because they are not factual and do mislead that is why they are not able to be in the Canadian market. The others are. Canada has a law on what is considered news.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts