GM Volt Forum banner

Ordered our 2016 Volt on 5/28!

3729 9
We had been looking into where to buy a 2016 Volt and I was searching for a high volume dealer in Los Angeles who actually knew what they were talking about with respect to a Volt. We are combining a solar system with the Volts 50 EV miles for daily commuting. Read a post on this forum from another member about placing an order with Rick Alpern at Keyes Chevy on the 28th. I called and sight unseen he took our order right away! We ordered a siren red LTZ with the black/brandy interior, optional rims, intelligent headlights package, and lighted charging port. We went the next day and finalized our order with him in person as the Volt website is very incomplete compared to what the dealer sees ( I hope GM fixes that soon), and the dealer information/options is not well explained for them. Unusually pleasant dealer experience and no risk! Thanks Rick!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,099 Posts
Good to hear of your trouble-free dealings with Rick.

I agree that the Chevy Volt website needs updating - and NOW, so that those who have to wait (i.e., non-Californians) can begin to build and price the Volt - now.

Was Rick offering anything less than MSRP?

· Registered
2,882 Posts
Are either of you first-time Volt buyers (or lessees)?

· Registered
4,099 Posts
Are either of you first-time Volt buyers (or lessees)?
I turned in my leased 2012 Volt on March 12th of this year and am waiting impatiently 8^) for the opportunity to buy the 2016 version. The Volt concept fits perfectly with my life style: drive locally on electricity but continue on for another 300 or so miles when I need to travel far and wide. In the three years of the lease I drove 52% of the miles on electricity.

· Registered
933 Posts

· Registered
719 Posts
When do you think the first Volt gen2's will be shipped? When will they have the official EPA numbers? Also, when do you think the first gen2 models will be driven by somebody outside of GM (like reviewers)?

· Registered
1,369 Posts
When do you think the first Volt gen2's will be shipped? When will they have the official EPA numbers? Also, when do you think the first gen2 models will be driven by somebody outside of GM (like reviewers)?
Probably 60 days for EPA numbers and 90 days for the reviews to start showing up (note: full reviews...may get a "preview" drive in here or there before that)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.