GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using my Coulomb charger I just got an "Open Relay" message that results in a charge fault and charging stops. I used the included 120v charger and it worked a couple of times but now it clicks loudly and then stops charging when I connect it to the car. Help? Is it a car problem or a charger problem? Sounds like a bad relay somewhere in the car charging on-board system but any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Administrator
20,143 Posts
Maybe your electric service has an issue, or maybe your car does. Is the car showing an error? Did you ask OnStar for any error codes? Try plugging in at a different outlet or building.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. No error message on the car. Have not checked with OnStar but will. The Coulomb and 120v outlet are in my garage but on different circuits so I will try a different building too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If the charger works ok in another building then the problem is likely a loose connection in your service panel or meter. It's common to find a loose neutral connection. This causes all kinds of voltage issues. The charger won't like it.
Have an electrician check it out.

Bill

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
We haven't seen any issues with the charger. Just going by history it's most likely either the EVSE or the circuit.

·
Administrator
20,143 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Charge Point "Open Relay" Message

I have now talked to Charge Point and they promised to send a technician out last week. No one showed up and I have not heard from anyone so far this week either. I hope their service is better than I am experiencing. They agree that it is a wall charger issue and not an issue with the Volt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts