I laughed at this line, "it's best to build on a shared platform on a shared assembly line. You know; in case that whole Li-ion battery pack thing doesn't pan out." Volt bashing while the Volt was in R&D stage. Batteries to power a car? Good luck with that.What is it with this magic $10K loss per vehicle?
How much does USA charge for imports from Europe?Exactly what I was thinking. The European Union charges a flat rate of 10 percent on imported automobiles.
The standard tariff for importing cars to the U.S. is 2.5 percent of their value. For pickup trucks and commercial vans, the tariff is 25 percent.How much does USA charge for imports from Europe?
BTW, GM should produce original Ampera and AmperaE in Europe as well. Nissan does it with the Leaf, why couldn't GM do it?
GM's been losing money in Europe for decades. It's about time someone put an end to it. They shut down the Holden plant in Australia too.Has GM lost interest in Europe and are betting everything on China (outside of US)?
When compared to the Chevrolet Bolt EV, the Hyundai Kona Electric has some advantages.
1. It’s a Hyundai, this means that its warranty will be much better (5 years bumper to bumper compared to 2 years for AmperaE).
2. The Kona Electric will be more efficient. It’ll have more recent battery cells (NCM 811), which will make the battery pack at least 150 kg lighter than the one present today in the Bolt EV – with NCM 622 cells. Furthermore, it’ll have a heat pump, especially important in colder places.
3. Being lighter not only makes it more efficient, but will also contribute for better performance (faster acceleration) and increased safety (less stopping distance).
4. Adaptive cruise control. It’s unbelievable that the Bolt EV has the radars needed for AEB (Autonomous Emergency Braking) and it’s lacking adaptive cruise control…
5. Having a entry-level battery option (39,2 kWh) will make it cheaper.
It's fair play. They tariff our stuff,we tariff theirs. It's why you see ford "vans" come in with 12 seats and they all get removed and the van is rebuilt into a truck to cheat, same thing goes on overseas.Very sad for the European Bolt...we have to admit Mr Trump is right about how the European and Chinese markets punish USA exports in unfair trade.