GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well... yes it's not a Volt but these 2 cars are so close, I think it's relevant to post.
So I've ordered my (european) Opel Ampera with a Lithium White color (equivalent to White Diamond tricoat). I should get it in november.
2011-08-05-herto-ampera-blanc-lithium[1].jpg
Last week Opel had organized a 1-day-long test drive for future early adopters, about 90 miles through Netherlands. This was a great day. You may read my story here.
The car is so quiet and easy to drive... I've achieved more than 50miles on my first full battery during the test drive (on about 15 miles speed limit was 38mph) .

·
Super Moderator
6,244 Posts
Excellent post/thread. Thanks for sharing. You are more than welcome.

Hey does that come with the Opel Ampera's ... we have to special order them.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Merci beaucoup pour l'article. Il est toujours bon et intéressant d'entendre parler du développement d'Opel, spécialement depuis que les voitures sont produites à l'usine même. Gardez-nous encore au courant. Merci!

[Thank you for the article. It is always good and interesting to hear about the development of Opel, especially since cars are produced at the plant. Keep us informed yet. Thank you!]

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wish we could get the Ampera over here in the states =(. I wonder if it's possible to have the Ampera imported over? hmrmrmrmrmrmrm. Maybe I'll have to reconsider my volt o_O

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Congrats! Very cool. It's great to see other places in the world being able to get an EREV. Despite some effort to make these cars into two different vehicles I think they're the same with different sheet metal and an additional mode so it makes perfect sense to post here.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have to agree on wishing the Ampera were here in the states. The Volt is a nice looking car. It gets tons of compliments when I take it out on the town, BUT WOW - the Ampera kicks arse in the looks department.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Thanks for posting! A very fun read.

I have to love the Google French-to-English translation, though. Example:

I crushed the fungus to enter the highway. The expected acceleration is there, the car became airborne, but the heat is always discreet and 120km / h it is still hidden behind the sounds of wind and rolling, yet content.

Not sure I'll ever think of stepping on the accerator the same way.

Made my day:)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The Ampera is here in the States.

The car is pretty much identical except for the badging, wheels, and bumpers. It would not be a challenging conversion. Since the car is being built here in the States, one would think it would be easy to source the different parts for the conversion.

I have to agree on wishing the Ampera were here in the states. The Volt is a nice looking car. It gets tons of compliments when I take it out on the town, BUT WOW - the Ampera kicks arse in the looks department.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thanks for posting! A very fun read.

I have to love the Google French-to-English translation, though. Example:

I crushed the fungus to enter the highway. The expected acceleration is there, the car became airborne, but the heat is always discreet and 120km / h it is still hidden behind the sounds of wind and rolling, yet content.

Not sure I'll ever think of stepping on the accerator the same way.

Made my day:)
That's hilarious. It's even funnier for me, since I'm French-Canadian, and from reading that translated snippet, I know exactly what expressions were used in the original article in French. Google translate has far to go!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
I wish we could get the Ampera over here in the states =(. I wonder if it's possible to have the Ampera imported over? hmrmrmrmrmrmrm. Maybe I'll have to reconsider my volt o_O
Might wanna think again about that, 41000 Euro is a lot of american money , 58000$.....so....still want one?

·
Registered
79 Posts
The translation is hilarious.

@TS: congrats with your Ampera!!

I can't wait to hear your reports. I'm for example very curious if they use the J1772 inlet there as well, or the upcoming IEC standards based one.

How were the taillights? I like my Volt with the red blinkers - but that's not what the EU norms think is cool. I have watched all the Ampera videos out there, and the pale yellow ones they have in those are hopefully not what you are going to get.

PS was that Ampera you drove registered in Germany or in the Netherlands?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, they do use the J1772 inlet.
The blinkers are orange, as all those of the european cars are.
The Ampera I drove was registered in Germany : GG:EV109. But Mine will be registered in France. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts