GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all group members.
I am asking you for help. I have an Opel Ampera car from 2013, faceted version. I noticed a rather strange anomaly. Overall, the car runs great and has no problem with it, but one anomaly does occur. It happens rarely, but still. If the internal combustion engine is on and, for example, I drive, for example, 70 per hour and I let go of the gas pedal, recuperation begins and you can feel such vibrations sometimes. The feeling is as if the ignition has fallen out more. Because these vibrations are not continuous, but more distributed. The second thing related to this occurs very rarely, if, for example, I stop at a traffic light and the internal combustion engine is running and has specific rotations, sometimes there are vibrations such as misfiring. Can I ask you for help. For now, I have replaced the spark plug set with new original ones, which did not bring any special effect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the car crashed with errors, I would not write here asking for help, because I would find out what needs to be done. The problem is there are no bugs. I have already driven 15,000 kilometers with this car and no problems. There is not even one zero misfire in a complete measurement cycle. I have no idea what could be causing this anomaly. It would be perfect if I had a mistake. Of course, I do the readings with the original MDI 2 tester and the latest version of GDS2 software.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here id data display from transmission. All reads are made in P and ICE working. I want to add also that when the car is on P and engine is working there is no problem, i think becuase of that the ICE is disconnected from Electric engine A

Attachments

·
Registered
16,17 volt
1,243 Posts
Its interesting I will check it but do not think so, because there are not misfires and engine is working very good in P - there are no vibrations when Parking gear is set
load, no load affects the map sensor, cold start is off map sensor till o2 start working

·
Registered
2011 Premium, Nav (no camera:( )
221 Posts
something looks funny here:
Rectangle Azure Font Material property Parallel

Why does the ECM think the engine is under 100% load, yet the RPMs are only 516? I do not think the engine should ever run at such a low RPM.

Same thing here:
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Pattern

370 RPM does not seem right.

·
Registered
16,17 volt
1,243 Posts
i would say about 80% of the time its the pcv valve and/or map sensor when there is no codes
dont know what the vaccume on a atkinson engine is with the shorter intake stroke
but im guessing by your map sensor your to high

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
something looks funny here:
View attachment 173265

Why does the ECM think the engine is under 100% load, yet the RPMs are only 516? I do not think the engine should ever run at such a low RPM.

Same thing here:
View attachment 173264

370 RPM does not seem right.
No no that are reads from some parts of working engine. I mean during driving when engine starts, working and shut down. I have made printscreens i different reads

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are you sure the vibrations are not mechanical/in the drive line? I believe any kind of engine misfire would trigger error code or at least get logged in misfire counter. But if your CV is worn and starts vibrating, it will not be sensed by ECU.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don't you think that the absolute pressure sensor in the intake manifold should show values close to the atmospheric pressure at idle? as you can see from my readings, this sensor shows much less pressure
Even at idle, vacuum can be very high as the engine is sucking for air but being
kept with a closed throttle. This is nomal.

·
Registered
2011 Premium, Nav (no camera:( )
221 Posts
Compare the MAP and BARO with the engine off, they should be the same value or very close. With the engine idling (based on my limited internet research, MAP should be 25- 40 kPa.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts