GM Volt Forum banner

OnStar ... You Continue To Delight...

3124 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Ron C
Text Website Font Adaptation Advertising

Geeze ... just trying to send a MapQuest route to the Volt. Guess I'll use my Garmin...
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Press the button and talk to a real person. Every time I've asked for directions they have been very polite, friendly and helpful.

I hope OnStar does not cut back on the friendly personal service because we are griping about apps and remote features. For me, the real advantage to OnStar is being able to use it from my vehicle, while driving.

· Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes, Steve, you just don't want to talk to a person for a simple route download, even if they are polite, etc., which they are! Sending a route request to your 21st century SOTA Volt should be a couple of clicks and done. It's not. That's my position and I'm stickin' to it.

· Registered
3,527 Posts
Press the button and talk to a real person. Every time I've asked for directions they have been very polite, friendly and helpful.

I hope OnStar does not cut back on the friendly personal service because we are griping about apps and remote features. For me, the real advantage to OnStar is being able to use it from my vehicle, while driving.
It's a paid-for service and it's not cheap so I doubt it.

EDIT: besides, part of their spiel is emergency response; you can't have emergency response without emergency responders.

· Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course, we can all "just do this" or "just do that" but the point here, I think, is why doesn't OnStar "JUST FIX' their crappy software/websites. Okay, I'm done, now :eek:

· Registered
178 Posts
Of course, we can all "just do this" or "just do that" but the point here, I think, is why doesn't OnStar "JUST FIX' their crappy software/websites. Okay, I'm done, now :eek:
I agree! It should be a very simple process to enter a complete address and be able to send it to our car! Front and center on their own website. It's always a struggle and it should not be!

· Registered
3,884 Posts
I did get a new version to Remote-link on Nov 11 version 1.9.5 ( performance improvements)

BUT it is interesting I have much less problems using remote-link on a wifi only iPad than a cell iPhone

Mine works at 90+ % but it asks for the user name and password way to often on the little bitty phone screen.

(the NEVER updated before message always gets me reaching for a hammer)

· Registered
1,054 Posts
OnStar is the myspace of vehicle connection solutions - they were first and did some neat stuff. I'm firmly convinced that they don't want to suck, but I'm afraid that they are destined to this fate nonetheless because of their lineage.

Still holding out hope that the LTE version will be better (better isn't that high of a bar really).

My current status: I don't know, because the new version of the iOS app won't get the current status from my car. I can, however, send remote start commands successfully. All of this after waiting the 40+ seconds or so for the app to start. I gave it 1 star, and I would have given it 0 if I could have. Major step backwards IMO.

After reading my comment, I had a further thought: We're stuck in the OnStar world our cars were born into. We know what it does and doesn't do. What do the other guys do in the same area? Toyota, Nissan, Ford, MB, BMW? Maybe I'm just whining because I can see 100 ways that my experience could be better, but it might already be substantially better than the other guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.