GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My free trial of OnStar recently expired. I still have access to the key fob features but cannot access the vehicle status info where the tire PSI, charge level, charge status, range, etc. are. What level of OnStar subscription is required to view that? I have tried researching the plan options but none of the levels mention vehicle status. I assume it would be the Protection level? Since it would need vehicle status to find the car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you go to mychevrolet.com on your phone or computer, you'll be able to see most of the information you lost in the app.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
What level of OnStar subscription is required to view that?

You would need just the basic connectivity plan. Several of us with expired initial OnStar plans were contacted by OnStar and offered free basic service out to 2019. There is a thread about this somewhere on these forums...

·
Registered
13,683 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
My free trial of OnStar recently expired. I still have access to the key fob features but cannot access the vehicle status info where the tire PSI, charge level, charge status, range, etc. are. What level of OnStar subscription is required to view that? I have tried researching the plan options but none of the levels mention vehicle status. I assume it would be the Protection level? Since it would need vehicle status to find the car.
You assume correctly. Any plan, that is NOT free, will provide vehicle status.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
You will need to go with at least their cheapest plan (Protection @ $20 per month) to get the real time information you are looking for in the app: https://www.onstar.com/us/en/plans-pricing.html. You may want to look for cheaper deals, which happen from time to time .. or the telephone rep may offer it to you if you ask.

Their old (but still functioning) myvolt.com website does let you check your charging status in real time and update Charge Modes, but the information in the Tire Pressure widget could be up to one month old (the information they show is from the last monthly OnStar report - the report date is in fine print at the bottom right corner of the Tire Pressure Widget). Most of the other information on this page is either outdated or inaccurate.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
You assume correctly. Any plan, that is NOT free, will provide vehicle status.
I just got off of chatting with Onstar on this very subject.
I was telling them the "Services" column doesn't mention the function that I want - Vehicle Status.
We went round and round.
I'm not paying $20/mon for that.

They should update that site so it shows EV specific functions.

It's like Onstar is not aware that GM is making EV's.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I just got off of chatting with Onstar on this very subject.
I was telling them the "Services" column doesn't mention the function that I want - Vehicle Status.
We went round and round.
I'm not paying $20/mon for that.

They should update that site so it shows EV specific functions.
One of the best indicators of why GM just does not get it. They can make great technology and screw it up because of gree.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Amen, brother. Look at all the stuff Tesla throws in. They even charge your car for life!

My new Gen2 comes with 2 or 3 years of the data plan for free, but no way it's worth $20 to continue beyond that. Maybe by then GM will have come to it's senses.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Onstar realizes that everyone that has a smartphone doesn't need them,except for the unlock portion to unlock a locked car door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts