GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
20,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not find this addressed in the forums. Does anyone know if the Volt's OnStar system comes with the Stolen Vehicle Slowdown option?

"This system is a communication tool used exclusively between the vehicle’s owner, the police, and the OnStar system. If a vehicle is stolen, the individual who owns the vehicle is to notify the police, who are then to alert OnStar. Using satellite technology, the system affects the vehicle’s power train and will actually decelerate the engine entirely until the stolen vehicle comes to a standstill. Brakes, turn signals, and steering will still allow the person in the driver seat to avoid any dangerous road or traffic situations."

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Good question. At first glance it appears that it does, however there is a small note that says this service is only offered on some models. I checked the OnStar site and accessed my account, a there it says my account, which is for a Volt, does include Stolen Vehicle Assistance which includes Remote Ignition Block and Stolen Vehicle Slowdown. So, no worries it is included.

·
Administrator
20,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, larry4pyro!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I called OnStar when I first got my car and they said yes the Volt comes with Stolen Vehicle Slowdown. I had it with the Equinox FCEV (But I can only imagine the thieves would go crazy trying to put gas in it)

For those who may not know about about Stolen Vehicle Slowdown try http://spr.ly/GmSVS

:cool:

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Good question. At first glance it appears that it does, however there is a small note that says this service is only offered on some models. I checked the OnStar site and accessed my account, a there it says my account, which is for a Volt, does include Stolen Vehicle Assistance which includes Remote Ignition Block and Stolen Vehicle Slowdown. So, no worries it is included.
I believe that the Duramax diesel engined vehicles are the only ones withOUT the slowdown feature at this time...

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Good to know. However, I think that the typical thief wouldn't even know how to start a Volt even if he had the keys. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts