GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Premier , everything seems fine... except I can’t establish a connection to OnStar using the button in the car ... I press it twice it says OnStar connected on display , but just beeps and beeps then hangs up the call ... before I call the landline or book it in ... anyone have any ideas ?

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
double check the twist on antenna on car top is on tight ?

Does the internet or app connect to the car ?

I have more than one onstar button in a 2012 Volt but have only used the left one.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I belive I have the Sharkfin antenna? How do I check this? Also excuse my ignorance , brand new to vehicle, how do I check the App or vehicles internet connection ? ( I THINK I noticed anOnStar app that is greyed out and does nothing on the touchscreen....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Searching online seems possible it might be the coax or power cable at the VCIM module ( Onstar box) anyone have any ideas if this is easily located on a Gen2 Volt? ( passenger, driver footwell ... trunk , ? Thanks !!

·
Registered
100 Posts
When this happened to me, my dealer had to replace the Onstar module in the rear view mirror area under warranty. The problem is that while that module was broken, I couldn't use location based charging (GPS wouldn't work) and I could not make calls since the microphone is in that module. I have a 2016 G2.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting
My OnStar connection goes through as voice only .... no data from the Volt to Onstar , also my location based charging is working as are vice calls .... so the VCIM is behind the mirror on the Gen 2 Volt ??

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts
my location based charging is working as are vice calls .
Since you can apparently make sex or gambling calls and/or drug buys, and GPS is working, then your antenna is working. :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vice calls, voice calls aren’t they both the sane thing !! 😉

1 - 8 of 8 Posts