GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned in another post that I signed up for OnStar's "Protection" package (at a "promotional" rate) when my initial free 3-year period ended. Now I'm researching the somewhat-similar gizmo/service that Verizon sells called Hum. Hum's costs include a one-time $20 activation fee and a $30 equipment charge, and then $10 per month (2-year contract required). That all works out to $.40 per day for the first two years, and $.33 per day thereafter, assuming the fee remains the same. I already have the OnStar equipment in my Volt, of course, and my per-day cost for the Protection-level service is $.42. The services offered by Hum and OnStar/Protection are not exactly the same, but they are similar in many ways. Hum also includes assistance if the car is stolen and speed/boundary alerts (helpful to parents of teen drivers). I do not see any reason to switch to the Hum, given the economics, but I'm curious what other people think -- especially anyone who actually uses Hum.

·
Registered
208 Posts
onstar has been renewing volt drivers when the 3 year onstar pan expires with the free plan
they have been sending out letters as the onstar plan expires
check on our site here,there are quite a few renewals

1 - 3 of 3 Posts