GM Volt Forum banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
If you have low fuel, i.e. less than approximately 1.5 gallon in the fuel tank, then the Volt will not allow preconditioning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

precondition works fine with the fob.
As mentioned there are only a few features that work with MyVoltStar.
Locking/unlocking doors, precondition and the wiper thing don´t work.

Best regards
Michael

·
Registered
14 Posts
myvoltstar app works for all Gen1 and Gen2 Volts/Amperas. if you are using the obdlink mx it will work if not then you will have weird issues or it will not work at all.
To be sure - it must be strictly MX Bluetooth or can be as well MX+ or MX WiFi? I would prefer MX+ or MX WiFi because they support iPhone while the regular MX Bluetooth works with Android only

·
Registered
59 Posts
To be sure - it must be strictly MX Bluetooth or can be as well MX+ or MX WiFi? I would prefer MX+ or MX WiFi because they support iPhone while the regular MX Bluetooth works with Android only
I own MX+ and have used it a lot. Here is my opinion:
Yes, you can use the MX+. It has standard bluetooth support as well as the special bluetooth for iOS. Note that very few apps currently support that special bluetooth for iOS, but more will follow.
No, you can't use MX WiFi because MyVoltStar doesn't support communication over Wifi, and MX Wifi does not provide Bluetooth support.
Barry

·
Registered
14 Posts
For me the with the MX+ works the following commands: down and up, kitt, status. For all the rest I see the MX+ LEDs start blinking, I'm getting back the SMS that it works but actually nothing happens with the car. I uploaded the latest firmware to MX+ but it didn't help. AS in case of Silentrider/Michael precondition works fine with the fob. Any ideas how to make it work?

·
Registered
14 Posts
update: I could not achieve MyVoltStar working right. I found another app - GMRC Pro - works just perfectly!
Silentrider, go to the site gm-rc.com, get the GMRC Pro. ON this app only locking/unlocking buttons are free. But this app reads the SMSes received and pre-conditioning, as well as all the rest works! The buttons in the app GMRC (not a Pro version) found on Google Play work but it was not responding in my case to SMS commands. So get GMRC Pro and enjoy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Mindaugas,

thank you for your hint with the GMRC app.
Unfortunately I couldn´t manage to get it working.
Commands where sent to the car, as I see the red led of the MX adapter blinking and the car reacts to it (backlight of the main display goes on) but that´s it. No locking/unlocking and the other buttons don´t work either.
I tried all 3 GM-protocols and the car wizard...

Have you had similar issues?
Best regards
Michael

·
Registered
14 Posts
That was exactly the same for me with pre-conditioning with VoltStar app but not with GMRC. It works correctly with GMRC BUT ONLY until the MX goes to power saving mode. Then the app is loses the Bluetooth connection and is not able to reconnect by itself to MX anymore after SMS is received. I'll have to figure out how to disable MX power saving mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 opel ampera , the preconditioning on FOB works in this sequence:
Unlock, lock and start.
With myvoltstar do the same, only in this sequence turn on the preconditioning. On your volt turn on the preconditioning directly?
For this reason the ampera cannot start.
Thanks Brian, you're a genius.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Mindaugas,

thank you for your hint with the GMRC app.
Unfortunately I couldn´t manage to get it working.
Commands where sent to the car, as I see the red led of the MX adapter blinking and the car reacts to it (backlight of the main display goes on) but that´s it. No locking/unlocking and the other buttons don´t work either.
I tried all 3 GM-protocols and the car wizard...

Have you had similar issues?
Best regards
Michael
I ended up paying $35 for the full version of GMRC. It works flawlessly now even when the car is in power saving and the MX is in sleep mode. If you want this app working you will have to contact the creator via Skype, his nickname is lolik12345. He is very helpful, worth contacting even if you only want to ask some questions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2012 opel ampera , the preconditioning on FOB works in this sequence:
Unlock, lock and start.
With myvoltstar do the same, only in this sequence turn on the preconditioning. On your volt turn on the preconditioning directly?
For this reason the ampera cannot start.
Thanks Brian, you're a genius.
MyVoltStar in my case keeps freezing everytime it receives SMS. Therefore my only working choice is GMRC. The pre-conditioning command inside itself contains door locking (the same sequence as a FOB on gen2) so I only need to send one SMS for the preconditioning.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
I'm working on updates and porting app to Android studio it will take me sometime probably a year. I will have all issues fixed with both generations and the app will be the same price of $10. GMRC is just way too expensive for the basic functionality it provides. I used to have that app but the developer doesn't cater to EV's so I made MyVoltStar.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I'm working on updates and porting app to Android studio it will take me sometime probably a year. I will have all issues fixed with both generations and the app will be the same price of $10. GMRC is just way too expensive for the basic functionality it provides. I used to have that app but the developer doesn't cater to EV's so I made MyVoltStar.
Awesome! Thank you for this, Brian!

101 - 117 of 117 Posts