GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got the new iPhone 6 a month or so ago. In the last 3 weeks, I have experienced a strange problem. I get in the car and the OnStar module connect to the iPhone, which is normal. When I go to adjust the volume, the display shows 'Phone Volume' even though I know for a fact there is no phone call in progress on my iPhone. I have to push the end call on my steering wheel, to which OnStar tells me the call has ended. Yesterday I had to do this 3 times in a row before OnStar quick thinking a phone call was in progress. A couple of times my music was playing then all of a sudden the music goes down low, I click on the hangup button on steering wheel, OnStar says 'Call Ended' and the music is back.

I have a 2014 Volt with the Bose system. I know it is not on an OnStar call because I have no minutes. My iPhone definitely does not have a call in progress. The issue does not happen consistently and I have yet been able to reproduce the problem. My iPhone is not sitting in my pocket, but just laying on my leg face up. I am not sure if it is an OnStar update or iPhone update that causes this strange issue.

Anyone else have this problem or ideas on how I can track down the problem?

I sure hope GM/OnStar plans to keep updating the modules to support more models of phones after the sale. The OnStar module sucks as it is.

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Do you by chance have the phone plugged in to a USB cable to charge when this is occurring? And if so, do you also have the 'Hey Siri' feature in iOS8 turned on?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you by chance have the phone plugged in to a USB cable to charge when this is occurring? And if so, do you also have the 'Hey Siri' feature in iOS8 turned on?
I though about that. I will check next time, but I don't think I did. It seems like it tends to happen when I first get into the car. Today I was on a 3 hour trip and it never did it once. It is very puzzling and I know if I bring it to the dealer I won't be able to reproduce the problem.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I would delete the phone and then pair it up again in the event the pairing is not quite right if the other suggestions do nothing to fix the issue. Also, make sure your iPhone is fully up to date too. iOS is at 8.1.2 now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a 6 Plus that's always plugged in, and paired with Bluetooth. I use it for music and Waze. When Waze has something to say, it will lower the music volume while it does. Occasionally, the music will go quiet without Waze doing anything (or stay quiet after Waze is done). However, it goes back to normal if I close and reopen Waze, so it seems to be something with competing apps on the phone itself. I haven't had any problems with the phone-radio link acting up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts