GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a way to set up the OnStar RemoteLink app to notify me when my car is done charging after doing a remote start with the vehicle plugged in. I use Level 1 charging (I rent from in a condominium complex so installing a Level 2 station is not possible for me right now), so it would be nice to know as soon as my car is done re-charging so I can get on the road without letting the coolant temperature drop down too much. Right now the app only notifies me of the initial completion--usually in the middle of the night/morning depending on how much I drove that day.

Thanks,
Drew

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Click on Vehicle Status...Click on Notifications Settings ...bottom of that page turn on CHARGE COMPLETE

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Click on Vehicle Status...Click on Notifications Settings ...bottom of that page turn on CHARGE COMPLETE
I use this daily. It only shows charge complete when parked after work and the car charges to full battery. when remote starting in the morning, I never get a charge complete notification because it considered last night's charging complete.

My workaround is to just set an alarm for about 20 minutes before I need to leave and run the remote start. It preconditions and usually has enough to top the battery off. As it gets colder out, it takes longer, so I adjust my timer accordingly. In the bitter cold of snowageddon I remote start at 6:15 am, again at 6:35 am, then leave at 7am. As spring approaches, I will reduce the minutes as the temps warm to the point I don't precondition any more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts