GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I've been working with onstar to get my alerts working. These alerts are the ones that tell you when charging is complete or if charging is interrupted, via a text message to your phone or an email.

They are saying that the car must be manually locked for these features to be armed. This may have been my problem all along because I have passive locking enabled so that when I walk away from the car, it just locks itself.

Have you found that this is the case? I just want to make sure I'm not the one doing something wrong and there is no problem at the onstar end.

· Registered
589 Posts
Same here. Never use the fob lock and always get the notifications.

· Registered
259 Posts
Hello.

When I changed the phone number on my car, a lot of stuff stopped working including the email alerts. Eventually, when onstar got it resolved (thanks guys!), the email alerts still didn't work. Instead of calling onstar again, all I did was go into the onstar app on my phone and clear all the alerts, then save it. Then go back in and manually add my alerts again. After that, the alerts started working again. If you don't have the onstar app on your phone, you can probably do the same thing on the myvolt website.

· Registered
3,884 Posts
ckl

that has worked for people in the past and even a simple re-sending of a different charge delay to charge now - helped me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.