GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the proper way to handle this? Does each person create their own account, and then match the "onstar account" to their onstar user? Or do you just share the same user across both phones? Would be nice to have both my wife and I get the diagnostics emails...

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
E-mail, yes. But sharing text updates won't happen. You can configure your OnStar account with an e-mail account that you have on both phones/computers. My wife is not interested in getting those, so I've not configured her phone with the GMail account that I created for the car (OnStar.) I have 6 of our my most used accounts configured on my phone.

The things I'm interested in most are configured as text alerts to my phone. Our home computer has most of our e-mail accounts (10 in total) configured into a single Outlook client. So she could browse that information should she ever what to.

FWIW, our insurance carrier will periodically request one of our recent OnStar Diagnostic Report e-mail messages as proof that we're still subscribers to keep our discount in force. Before they did that one time, I'd been deleting them.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I guess the other obvious answer is to press the Onstar button and ask. I bet they could add two email accounts.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
My wife logs into the OS app on her phone with the same user ID and password that I use. She doesn't care about the notification emails. If she did, I would just add the email account that I use to her phone.

·
Registered
348 Posts
My insurance carrier gets direct communication/emails from OnStar every month, and they get diagnostic as well as how I drove as the engine computer report about my driving habits is what they get, depending on your driving habits could backfire on you causing a rate increase instead if a lower rate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts