GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wouldn't it be better if you didn't have to remember to set your heat on high every night? it seems easy enough to make an app built into the OnStar app to adjust your climate settings, thanks GM for making such a great car.

·
4,874 Posts
You don't have to set your heat to high. When you remote start, your Volt will either heat the car as quickly as possible to the temperature you have set, or cool it as quickly as possible to the temperature you have set.

It's smart enough to figure out what to do based on the temperature setting and the actual temperature.

It also does this regardless of whether you have the Climate set to Fan Only, Eco, or Comfort... these settings are over-ridden when remote starting.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK how about the seat heaters do I leave them on auto? And on 110 v charging does it always pull from battery(or grid) and how about 240 charging we do both daily.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I agree. Frankly I think you should be able to access the entire center stack feature set. Just remote the whole touchscreen interface directly to my phone!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I agree. Even a simple temperature setting via remote app would be great. I lot of times I drive in the afternoon with the climate set cooler and need it warmer for preconditioning in the morning. I never remember to jack up the temp before turning the car off when I get home.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I agree. Frankly I think you should be able to access the entire center stack feature set. Just remote the whole touchscreen interface directly to my phone!
The practical issue is that Onstar only communicates with the car by sending a request, then having to wait for the car to confirm receipt of the request / send a response to the request. We've seen how slow this is over the cellular connection to the car, so mimicking many of the center console functions would be pretty painful.

That being said, there are likely plenty of ways Onstar could be architect their technical solution ... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts