GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must be the only one using the OnStar RemoteLink app (Android) with my '11 Volt and my new '14 Spark. It seems like the only way to get it to work with both cars is to use two phones!

There is no way to switch to another car once you have it working with one car. Well, not exactly no way, I did find a work around. If I don't mind wiping all the data from whichever car I have setup, it will give me a choice of my two cars when I start the app. Then the only way to ever see the second car is to go to Settings, select RemoteLink, then Delete Data. This seems like Not The Way It Should Be Done, I would think that a button to select which car I happen to be driving at any given moment is The Way It Should Be Done...

·
Registered
232 Posts
On the iPhone version I just touch the More button on the bottom-right side and touch vehicle. Switch vehicles back forth all the time.
Android does not allow you to do this???

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
On the iPhone version I just touch the More button on the bottom-right side and touch vehicle. Switch vehicles back forth all the time.
Android does not allow you to do this???
The OnStar Remote app installed on Galaxy S3 shows five selections on the bottom of the screen: Dashboare, Remote, Nav, Charging and Alerts. No *More* button.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The OnStar Remote app installed on Galaxy S3 shows five selections on the bottom of the screen: Dashboare, Remote, Nav, Charging and Alerts. No *More* button.
On my LG phone (Android), the bottom of the screen will scroll from right to left to reveal 4 more buttons, Assist, Status, Vehicle, & Settings. I use the Vehicle button to change between my Volt and Malibu

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
On my LG phone (Android), the bottom of the screen will scroll from right to left to reveal 4 more buttons, Assist, Status, Vehicle, & Settings. I use the Vehicle button to change between my Volt and Malibu
DUH! Thanks for pointing that out! (I hate it when my smart phone is smarter than I am 8^) My Galaxy S3 app has those also.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Now, how 'bout the Charge Now button? Works great with Volt, Spark says "Could not begin charging. This feature is not supported on your vehicle. (109)"...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts