GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2016 Volt Premier and a 2017 Volt Premier. Is there a way to view BOTH vehicles on the OnStar app (via iPhone)? Right now, we can view charging information, tire pressure etc. for only one vehicle. However, has anyone found a way to view both vehicles without logging in and out? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Yes, i do it all the time between my 2012 and 2016 Volt. From the main screen, click the menu icon on the top left and select Account. This will display all the vehicles associated with the OnStar account. After choosing the vehicle, go back to vehicle status, and it will be for the selected vehicle.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
You can also get the My.Chevrolet App. Have one car on each app and you won't have to switch cars on the account page.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Looks like ari_c had better luck than me. I have 2 2013s. From the 1st day they were on the same account and I could view each one, however the stats were constantly messed up. The email updates each month would come for one and not the other. Stats could only be viewed for one month not the 12 months that you should be able to view.

Worked with OnStar for 6 months to get this fixed. No one could fix it. There only solution was to get a second account for the second car. At the time they felt like their system was not capable of have two of the same cars on the same account. Go figure.

So once the second Volt was moved to its own account the EV miles would only show from that day forward. I asked them to bring over the data so I would not lose it. But they couldn't. It also never fixed the 12 month stat report either. I gave up. I would never pay for the service ever. They just don't know what they are doing. Can you tell it hit a nerve with me?

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Two phones and two OnStar accounts and separate email accounts seems like the way to go. The apps and web sites have always been buggy. Lately, the app is much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts