GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in contact today with a member of the VoltDC App team it is being maintained/developed by commonwealth-team.com. Here was his response on why the VoltDC App has been unavailable now for over a month.

The issue is known, and is in the OnStar bug queue for sorting and resolution. Beyond that, sadly, I do not have any solid timelines from GM's IT group. There were a number of issues with the latest upgrade to the RemoteLink software and services, so the teams are actively working on fixes to resolve those issues. We have identified the changes that need to be made, and are waiting on them to be prioritized in the queue and executed.
Now why is this not being handled as a priority? This is a customer facing application and should be addressed ASAP. The fact that it has been down now for over 30+ days is really poor customer service.

·
Administrator
21,121 Posts
I don't expect NoStar to be much more than minimally competent at best. Sadly they sometimes don't even reach as high as mediocre.

·
Administrator
21,121 Posts
I think they do well at their traditional, core offering of crash response. When it comes to websites and apps, let's just say there is room for improvement. The only part of the Volt experience weaker than OnStar is the Chevy dealer sales network. YMMV

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only part of the Volt experience weaker than OnStar is the Chevy dealer sales network. YMMV
I vote for marketing of the Volt. I don't think they could have done a worse job.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am really surprised there was not one comment posted to this by either Chevrolet Customer Service or the OnStar Advisor reps here. How else can I shout out to them any louder?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I would not purchase another GM vehicle because of the poor OnStar performance over the 4 years that I have owned my Volt. Telematics are an important part of high tech cars in my opinion, and are an important part of my purchase decision.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Very interesting. I sent a PM to Chevrolet Custmer Service, emailed, and also a Facebook Post, and all I got back was crickets.

Any suggestions on who to contact about this at GM? I tried emailing Alicia Boler-Davis, but same response.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still no reply from Katie O on my PM, it really seems like GM has no interest in this issue at all, very disappointed.

·
Registered
817 Posts
This is seriously shocking, and quite frankly childish.
If GM has no interest in fixing it, they should simply say so.

·
Registered
817 Posts
WOW!!
The VoltDC is working !
Ari_c must have paid GM a visit! Tank You :D:p

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
817 Posts
Actually i got overexcited... :-(
I was able to finally bypass the error 505 and "log-in" last night, but the calendar shows early fabruary data, and when attempting to refresh, it says " unable to connect to update" , or something like that.
This morning i get : " uh-oh..it looks like some wires got crossed ..." :D:p

·
Registered
70 Posts
yeah me too. Closer and closer, inch by inch....

Monty

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had further communication with the VoltDC team. They did push a change yesterday so that is why we are not seeing the Bad Gateway error anymore. I was told it is working in-house for them, but it still is not working with me. They do have logging on the server and I provided my VIN so they can track to see why it is failing for me. Hopefully we are getting close to this working again.

·
1,027 Posts
I'd actually say it's more broken today. Yesterday I could get to the VIN selection page and link before getting an error, now it just errors out right after logging in.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts