GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trial expires in December. I called today and the rep said the free plan would continue to operate the remote start and lock and unlock for 5 years via the phone app but the automatic crash response and location feature would stop, FYI. I did Reup the security plan to have the auto 911 crash response and locate feature in case of theft etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My trial expires in December. I called today and the rep said the free plan would continue to operate the remote start and lock and unlock for 5 years via the phone app but the automatic crash response and location feature would stop, FYI. I did Reup the security plan to have the auto 911 crash response and locate feature in case of theft etc.

This is the actual comparison of what you still have for the five years. Importantly it does show that the key fob functions from the phone continue to operate; you give up the automatic crash response and stolen vehicle assistance.

CHEVROLET CONNECTED SERVICES
Remote Key Fob
3 GB/1-month 4G LTE data
(whichever comes first)
Turn-by-Turn Navigation
On-Demand Diagnostics
Family Link

Versus

ONSTAR SAFETY & SECURITY

Automatic Crash Response
Specially trained and certified Advisors
Stolen Vehicle Assistance
Emergency Services
Crisis Assist

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
They just canceled my 5 year basic on my 2014. Seems you can't buy the basic plan only either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts