GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those on the fence or new to the forum, here's my One Year Volt Review video..... of course share with Volt haters...or the misinformed.

http://youtu.be/sYPI0RO_qM4

MrEnergyCzar

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thank you for making and posting this video. I actually came across this while researching the Volt, and you will be glad to know that it did influence my decision to buy. I bought a 2013 Volt October 13th, and have been extremely happy with it. Thanks, again.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for making and posting this video. I actually came across this while researching the Volt, and you will be glad to know that it did influence my decision to buy. I bought a 2013 Volt October 13th, and have been extremely happy with it. Thanks, again.
Thanks, I hope you get even better results with your longer range 2013 battery model...

MrEnergyCzar

·
Registered
259 Posts
What is your battery range in winter? Great video, but we need to inform people that winter does effect battery range in a big way. My wife is very upset to see our range dip to low 30s and it is not even real cold yet. When we bought it we were never told of the drastic drop in cold weather range. Still love the car.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is your battery range in winter? Great video, but we need to inform people that winter does effect battery range in a big way. My wife is very upset to see our range dip to low 30s and it is not even real cold yet. When we bought it we were never told of the drastic drop in cold weather range. Still love the car.
The battery range has always been between the expected 25-50 miles... I can't recall if that was on the actual window sticker though. I pre-condition on ECO 72F for 15 minutes before leaving (using 240v) to leave with a warm cabin and full charge, and would get as low as maybe 28 miles in extreme cold... probably 25 miles if you don't keep it plugged in and it sits outside in extreme cold.... the range comes back in the spring..

MrEnergyCzar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts