GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions:

Q1. I have finally been able to find a base model Volt LT in bay area for One Pay of $8200, 10K, 36 months. For those who are knowledgeable and about both payment options (one-pay vs. monthly pay) what would you say are the risks. Monthly pay is more expensive.

Q2. When I am returning my current car for end of lease should I be present during inspection or just drop it off at the dealership (the store the car and the inspector comes after 1-2 weeks to look at the cars).

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
A1.1) What happens when you have an accident two days after taking delivery and the car is trashed? Ideally you'd get back a pro-rated amount, but sometimes this is a pain in the butt (it looks months for GM Fin to stop taking my money/refund the money they took from auto pay).

A1.2) Do you have investments or existing sizable loans? What's the rate of return of your investments or your interest on your loans? Choose the higher of the two. Use this to discount future payments using the present value equation. So with a 10% rate of return the brake even points would be monthly payments of about $266 a month. IE if they are $266 a month or less you would be better off investing the money at 10% or paying toward a 10% loan and making monthly payments than giving it all to GM Fin as a lump sum. This is due to the money you would earn in interest in an investment or that you would pay extra on a loan with that interest rate.

A2) I'd be present.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Two questions:

Q2. When I am returning my current car for end of lease should I be present during inspection or just drop it off at the dealership (the store the car and the inspector comes after 1-2 weeks to look at the cars).

Thanks
My experience has been to take A LOT of hi-res photos of the car, right there in the dealer lot, in good lighting, and make it very clear that THEY are now responsible for the car (write that on the turn in receipt). You'd be surprised how many times your car is going to be moved around during the two weeks they are waiting for the inspection. In one of my cases they drove the car about 20 miles to another dealership where it sat ON THE STREET for another week (thanks for that info ON STAR!). There's no way I'm taking any responsibility for the car once I hand them the keys. I'm not suggesting that you try to blame them for any damage you had previously caused, but conversely you don't want to be blamed for anything that they cause either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts