GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my headlights went out. I replaced the bulb and still nothing. No brights either. Have directional. Passenger side. Wires going in to light look fine. Any thoughts? Fuse 41 under the hood is good, so is f5 on passenger side. I am stumped!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I had a similar problem with our 2004 Toyota Matrix. It turned out to be the wiring harness connector just behind the light. I cleaned the harness internals with electrical contact cleaner and also took a fine jewelers screwdriver into one of the contacts as it was depressed into the plastic and not making good contact. Basically a connector fault...

·
Administrator
21,215 Posts
I tried a brand new bulb, still nothing. I do have the driving light on that side, just not the head light.
If swapping in the bulb from the good side does not work, and the fuse to the dead light is not blown (Are you sure? Double check), then the problem is somewhere between the fuse and the bulb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.