GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned today that my port side headlight is not working. What surprised me is that there was no indication on the DIC about a bulb failure.

What replacement bulb is most like the original stock bulb? A search on this forum shows me many threads about upgrades and conversions and a quick search at my local parts store shows many choices ranging from $10.00 to $110.00.

Should Victor (2013 Volt) have told me about his black eye?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I replaced the bulb in my 2011 Volt with bulb #9012, Im thinking it was Sylvania brand. I think that is as close to stock as you can get. About $12 if I recall.
And I do not believe it will tell you when a bulb is out, I noticed mine on my own.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I learned today that my port side headlight is not working. What surprised me is that there was no indication on the DIC about a bulb failure.

What replacement bulb is most like the original stock bulb? A search on this forum shows me many threads about upgrades and conversions and a quick search at my local parts store shows many choices ranging from $10.00 to $110.00.

Should Victor (2013 Volt) have told me about his black eye?
What car in your past has told you when a headlight was out?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
My previous car, a '96 Saab 9000, would show a warning on the dash when any bulb was out, front or rear. My wife's 2004 Volvo XC90 does the same thing. Apparently the Swedes figured this out a long time ago.
Might be European mandatory.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a '99 BMW that warns about bulb failures, and an '05 Volvo XC90. I can't remember about any American cars though.

The Volt gives me all kinds of information on the DIC, I guess I just expected it to report bulb failures as well. Not a big deal, just a surprise.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anyone with a Volvo from the 80's will tell you that the car could indicate when a bulb was out. Problem is, the Bulb Out light was on almost all the time, even when a bulb was not out. Annoying.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Anyone with a Volvo from the 80's will tell you that the car could indicate when a bulb was out. Problem is, the Bulb Out light was on almost all the time, even when a bulb was not out. Annoying.
Pilots joke, you need a warning light for a warning light malfunction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts