GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lease was up on the Ford C-Max Energi so we went to Schumacher Chevy in West Palm Beach Florida, just to take a test drive of a Bolt. They had 8 units in stock.

That drive was amazing and in under two hours we leased a Red Bolt Premier. Still going through the manual to figure out all the features. It is really fun to drive!!!

It is now a family member to our 2012 Volt up in Ohio.

Note to GM: These are two truly incredible electric vehicles - Great work!

Jim I - Volt C-5277 - Bolt H-179555

One quick question - I have Android Auto connected and was wondering if there is a way to turn down the voice command volume separate from the volume of the music.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
That drive was amazing and in under two hours we leased a Red Bolt Premier.
Congratulations! I'm picking my new Kinetic Blue Premiere up tomorrow.

One quick question - I have Android Auto connected and was wondering if there is a way to turn down the voice command volume separate from the volume of the music.
My understanding is that you have to adjust the volume at the same time that the Android Auto voice is playing over the speakers. That will set it's volume independently of the radio.

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts
Welcome to the Volt+Bolt combo family! While I still enjoy our Volt, I must say the Bolt is more fun to drive. I love driving in L and using the regen paddle.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
If the Bolt acts the same as the Volt, just adjust the volume knob while the voice is speaking. The volume knob should control each separately depending on which is active while being adjusted.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Congrats.
We upgraded my wife from C-Max-Energy to Bolt in August.

As I am still Android on Volt, and she is iPhone on Bolt, we've had a difficult time figuring out the Bolt infotainment features. I'm not sure I like the requirement of plugging in the phones to get the standard text and voice phone features we previously had wirelessly on gen 1 Volts and C-Max. It was only yesterday that I showed her Apple CarPlay navigation working (as she drove, and I adjusted her phone and volume controls).

·
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses!

We have had the car for a week now and here are my thoughts:

The car is amazing. It will meet our needs perfectly. Driving in Low can pretty much make single pedal driving easy to do.

The only things I think should be different are that it should have power seats, and the Android Auto should connect without the USB cable.

Homelink would also be nice, but I can hook up a remote button to an existing garage remote and get the same capability for a lot less money. There are some non used button positions under the HVAC controls where I will see if it can be done.

Jim I - Volt C-5277 - Bolt H-179555

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts
Homelink would also be nice, but I can hook up a remote button to an existing garage remote and get the same capability for a lot less money. There are some non used button positions under the HVAC controls where I will see if it can be done.
I "installed" my remote to the ceiling by sliding its belt clip between the liner and the plastic frame. It's in the same position as my Volt's Homelink button and I can easily remove if needed.

Bolt EV Garage Opener.jpg

My pet peeve was no extending visors. Fixed that with some junkyard 2014 Cruise visors. $6 each and some messing around time.

Bolt EV sunvisor driver extended.jpg Bolt EV passenger visor extended.jpg

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I "installed" my remote to the ceiling by sliding its belt clip between the liner and the plastic frame. It's in the same position as my Volt's Homelink button and I can easily remove if needed.
That looks pretty workable, I'll have to see if I can dig up the clip for my remote and mount it that way. Thanks for the tip!

My pet peeve was no extending visors. Fixed that with some junkyard 2014 Cruise visors. $6 each and some messing around time.
Am I imagining things or is that passenger side visor installed the wrong way around? Shouldn't the mirror be on the back?

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts
Am I imagining things or is that passenger side visor installed the wrong way around? Shouldn't the mirror be on the back?
haha, you are correct. I could not find an extendable passenger side visor, only two driver's side. And to make it a challenge, the mounting ring they are attached to are driver or passenger side specific. So...I had to cut off the ring with a Dremel and attach one removed from a passenger side visor. I don't care that it's reversed, the sun in my eyes from the side window is a much greater annoyance, and the aftermarket "extending visor" stuff (two rubber bands and a piece of plastic) just wasn't as nice.

My 2011 Volt has driver and passenger extending visors. Alas, no early Volts (or any Volts) in the salvage yard. I'm sure you can buy via ebay or GM parts, but something like $100-$150 each, yikes!

Oh, and the drivers side has a lighted mirror if I ever feel ambitious enough to connect it to the center light console. A lighted mirror or extendable visors are not available as options for the Bolt EV. Seems like a dumb decision to me. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts