GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :
I will never be with out On Star I know a lot of people who [email protected] about it. They have always been there for me. And even if you buy the 36 dollar premium package , how much is your life worth or your family On Star can help you get in under that 1 hour Survivor ability window or if you are in the middle of no where and have a flat. I am not affiliated with on star in anyway so again I ask how much is your life worth and that of your family.

Thanks OnStar
Donald Davis

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I am not affiliated with on star in anyway so again I ask how much is your life worth and that of your family.
I've never used OnStar or any service like it, so I'm a bit of an outsider here. But apart from the automatic crash notification feature (which I agree is very nice), I'm having a hard time understanding what OnStar can do for me when I run into trouble that my monthly cell phone plan and a call to 911 or an auto servicing company can't.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I've never used OnStar or any service like it, so I'm a bit of an outsider here. But apart from the automatic crash notification feature (which I agree is very nice), I'm having a hard time understanding what OnStar can do for me when I run into trouble that my monthly cell phone plan and a call to 911 or an auto servicing company can't.
The key difference is when you are physically unable to use your phone or are unable to find it after an accident.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
OnStar really is a great service; however, it is over-priced by A LOT!! The auto-crash notification should be $60 per year. The other services should be less that $200 for everything including a monthly allotment of minutes that rolls over.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, my 2 cents: I got into an accident with an Avalanche (the car before the Volt) on my way to work back in 2013. Before I knew what happened those guys were talking to me. They called emergency services and stood there talking to me, inside then outside the car. My phone was nowhere to be found. When I found it behind the rear seat I could not get it to dial because of blood on my hands from a cut. They called my home. Since that event, I no longer question its value. My privacy issues ended when I was about 10 years old so that, too, is no longer a deterrent.
Lastly, in the near future telematics will render the auto-crash notification obsolete. Until then, I'm paying for the mid-tier service. If you call and talk, you can negotiate pricing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts