·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My OnStar summary for May:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Mine was the same, but with 698 electric miles and -1 gas miles.

·
Registered
247 Posts
That's what happens if you drive in reverse every time you switch to the ICE.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
OK, I believe your request was, specifically, for somebody to explain it. And so, here's my explanation:

OnStar's reports are frequently, if not always, chock full of missing and/or incorrect data.

Does that help? :D

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Are you signed up for VoltStats? I wonder how their numbers compare?

·
Registered
40 Posts
OnStar data/reports are seriously laughable. It's most often than not incorrect or missing information. The energy efficiency report per 100 kms is never correct as well as the charging data.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Did you have to run the engine in Maintenance Mode? Seems like the program decided it needed to have something in a field.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
OnStar data/reports are seriously laughable. It's most often than not incorrect or missing information. The energy efficiency report per 100 kms is never correct as well as the charging data.
And they want you to eventually renew & pay for the service?!? Sorry.

Today I tried to participate in a survey about OnStar with a promise of a $5 gift card after completing the questions. When I got to the question of would I pay for OnStar and the answer was NO, I was dumped out of the survey and no gift card was offered. Strike 4, 5, & 6.

VIN # B0985

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you have to run the engine in Maintenance Mode? Seems like the program decided it needed to have something in a field.
I did have a MM burn this month. .03 gal Not sure how that gets to negative miles.... But hey, I finally may have beaten Ari at something!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I've had that a few times.
Joked to coworkers that I used so little gas, I actually made some.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I've had that a few times.
Joked to coworkers that I used so little gas, I actually made some.
That's it! That's the explanation. Normally the ICE turns the generator to make electricity. But in this case, an internal clutch failed, causing the generator to turn backwards while still connected to the ICE, which caused the ICE to turn backwards, producing gasoline and sending it backwards through the fuel line and back into the tank. QED.

WOT, can you provide some internal GM technical bulletins on this hidden feature?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's it! That's the explanation. Normally the ICE turns the generator to make electricity. But in this case, an internal clutch failed, causing the generator to turn backwards while still connected to the ICE, which caused the ICE to turn backwards, producing gasoline and sending it backwards through the fuel line and back into the tank. QED.

WOT, can you provide some internal GM technical bulletins on this hidden feature?
Come to think of it, During the FMM, I was backing around the block 3 times. That MUST be the explanation!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
How about - 119 gas miles?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Yeah, um...well... um.....hmmmmm.... um....huh....right. Check. Next month I'll try driving 452 laps around the block backwards with the ICE running. Might have a shot at that.

·
Registered
716 Posts

I have good news for you. You need to drive the car in what you would consider to be "reverse." Instead of turning your head and peering through the hatch window as you drive, you would hold your head straight ahead, looking forward through the windshield, then put the car in D instead of R. As a side-benefit to this innovative way of driving, you may find that you have less neck and shoulder discomfort. ;-) ;-) Although I do envy your 105% on electric.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts