GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While turning on the radio/CD, I somehow managed to bump the right buttons to get the Bluetooth into “listening mode” without knowing it and without any comments from the bluetooth "lady". The CD wouldn’t play with sound. The air-conditioning wouldn’t increase beyond a whisper. My passenger and I spent about 10 minutes pressing buttons, ejecting and reinserting the CD, thinking my Volt had an annoying bug in the software. I even pulled over and did a warm restart, to no avail. Only when I happened to hit the steering wheel “Call cancel” button, did the lady announce the cancellation and everything return to normal. I really appreciate the auto-mute/noise reduction feature when giving voice commands/making a Bluetooth call. However, I suggest GM add a simple pop-up on the LCD that says when it is in “Listening Mode” and the radio is muted, etc…
C-4409

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe it really was a bug revealed by accidentally pressing extra buttons. Normally, when I place a bluetooth call, a screen pops up and says "Dial" and the number, etc.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I had an intresting misshap, somehow my phone decided to send my paused music from my cell phone to the car speakers while I was on the phone. It did prove that a simple change in how things work would allow the existing bluetooth interface play music directly from the phone.

To bad I dont know what I did and havent been able to re-produce.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You guys are proving the adage that you can test software all you want but till you have thousands of monkeys (oops I mean customers) using it, you never REALLY test it <grin>.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts