GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced the OEM 12v battery with the Odyssey PC1200MJT. It is specified for the Volt on their website but is not an exact group 47 fit.... Fits ok and clamps down with the strap shortened a little. I have had amazing performance with these batteries in other applications, but this is the first attempt in the Volt (2012 Gen1).

Has anyone else tried this battery, or am I the first?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just replaced the OEM 12v battery with the Odyssey PC1200MJT. It is specified for the Volt on their website but is not an exact group 47 fit.... Fits ok and clamps down with the strap shortened a little. I have had amazing performance with these batteries in other applications, but this is the first attempt in the Volt (2012 Gen1).

Has anyone else tried this battery, or am I the first?
Glad you're trying this out. Saves a few pounds of weight. I've used a Braille lightweight battery in 2 different cars I've had in the past, but no reason to do that in my MY 2015 Volt since my 12V battery is still good. Keep us posted on your experience with the Odyssey.

Ray

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I bought it is in other applications I have seen Odyssey batteries go over 13 years. Perhaps it will do no better than other AGMs (3-5yrs). Won't know for a long time (unless it goes bad).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts