GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I was driving down a road at 60 miles an hour and decided to use the cruise control. I always have it on, so the little cruise control emblem was displayed on the dashboard. I pressed set and nothing happened. The car did not go into cruise. I tried it a couple of times but nothing. I decided to turn cruise control off and back on, but when I tried to turn it off my voice recognition system was activated! I had to say cancel to turn that off and it stopped. OK, so no cruise control. I got to where I was going. My wife went to run the errand and I stayed in the car. I turned off the engine and just sat there. I figured it might reset. While I was sitting there I heard some clicking noises and then all my windows rolled down at the same time! The car was off! I waited a few seconds and then closed them. My wife got back in the car and we drove off. Cruise control still did not work. I drove the car to a Chevy dealer the next day. Cruise control worked! I explained the problem to the service rep. The printout had cruise control errors on it. They apparently looked my system over. I don't know what that entailed, but they said they could not find anything and that maybe it was just a glitch. On the way home, while driving, all my doors unlocked! By themselves. So what's going on? How much of the car is controlled by this brain that is apparently going haywire? Can I lose my steering or my brakes? Could the car accelerate out of control? Could it turn off while driving? I made an appointment to leave the car overnight at the dealer and they said they'll have their "Volt guy" look at it. Its a 2014 Volt with 79,000 miles on it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Last week I was driving down a road at 60 miles an hour and decided to use the cruise control. I always have it on, so the little cruise control emblem was displayed on the dashboard. I pressed set and nothing happened. The car did not go into cruise. I tried it a couple of times but nothing. I decided to turn cruise control off and back on, but when I tried to turn it off my voice recognition system was activated! I had to say cancel to turn that off and it stopped. OK, so no cruise control. I got to where I was going. My wife went to run the errand and I stayed in the car. I turned off the engine and just sat there. I figured it might reset. While I was sitting there I heard some clicking noises and then all my windows rolled down at the same time! The car was off! I waited a few seconds and then closed them. My wife got back in the car and we drove off. Cruise control still did not work. I drove the car to a Chevy dealer the next day. Cruise control worked! I explained the problem to the service rep. The printout had cruise control errors on it. They apparently looked my system over. I don't know what that entailed, but they said they could not find anything and that maybe it was just a glitch. On the way home, while driving, all my doors unlocked! By themselves. So what's going on? How much of the car is controlled by this brain that is apparently going haywire? Can I lose my steering or my brakes? Could the car accelerate out of control? Could it turn off while driving? I made an appointment to leave the car overnight at the dealer and they said they'll have their "Volt guy" look at it. Its a 2014 Volt with 79,000 miles on it. Any suggestions?
As far as the windows rolling down, I believe if you hold the unlock button on the remote for several seconds, all the windows roll down. Is it possible the buttons could be getting pressed if the remote is in your pocket? That could also explain the doors unlocking. As for the cruise control, the next time it does not work, lift up on the brake pedal with your foot and try engaging cruise. There has been several posts about a misaligned brake sensor, the cruise thinks the brake is slightly pressed so cruise won't engage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts